Student Worker Payroll and Human Resources Responsibilties

New Hire Paperwork and Human Resources Assistance Hours

Due to volume and scheduling issues, the Human Resources office in Stowe 115 will assist Financial Aid, Work Study and Crusader Work (Regular Student Workers) Mondays through Fridays from 3:30 PM to 5 PM only, or by special appointment arranged in advance with Human Resources Ė please adhere to this schedule and do not report to Human Resources outside of this period.

Return to top

Payroll and Financial Reporting

Any student working for any BAC department must be paid through the Collegeís payroll system, unless it is community service. This will ensure that the College meets and complies with IRS regulations. Before a student can work and receive payment, they must have filled out paperwork in the Human Resources office. A signed timecard will then ensure that they receive compensation for their work. Students are not to be paid out of Accounts Payable or the Business office, unless it is approved by someone in Human Resources.

Return to top

Student Timesheets

Timesheets for work-study and Crusader Work students have been placed in the Outlook Public Folders for your convenience. Please look under Human Resources / Payroll. Let Human Resources know if you need a small course or refresher course on filling out and keeping up with these sheets.

All student timesheets must bear the studentís name, id# and dept name and the time must be rounded to the nearest quarter hour.

It is ultimately the studentís responsibility to ensure that their timesheet is signed and submitted to Human Resources prior to the timesheet deadline, and it is the supervisorís responsibility to ensure the student has the correct timesheet prior to the end of the pay period. Both the student and supervisor should track the studentís work hours during the pay period to ensure accuracy, and make copies of the signed timesheets as a backup measure.

Student timesheets are to be signed by both the student and supervisor and submitted to Human Resources as soon as possible after the end of the pay period and prior to the timesheet deadline.

Return to top

Payroll Distribution

Live payroll checks will not be issued to student employees Ė all wages are paid via Direct Deposit. To set up Direct Deposit, students must provide a voided check at the time they are completing New Hire Paperwork.

Return to top

Proof of Eligibility to Work in the United States

Proof of U.S. citizenship or immigration status is required to work for Belmont Abbey College.

You are required to present evidence of your U.S. citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the United States within 3 business days of your date of hire.

No I-9 Documentation?

An employee who fails to produce the required document, or a receipt for a replacement document (in the case of lost, stolen or destroyed documents), within three business days of the date employment begins, can be terminated. An employee who shows a receipt has ninety days to present the original documents.


Employees are required to present EITHER one of the documents from List A OR one of the following documents from List B AND one of the documents from List C.

List A (Documents that establish both identity and employment eligibility)

  • United States Passport
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551)
  • Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
  • Employment Authorization Document (I-766, I-688B, or I-688A)
  • Foreign Passport with temporary I-551 stamp
  • For aliens authorize to work only for a specific employer, foreign passport with Form I-94 authorizing employment with this employer

List B (Documents that establish identity only)

  • Driver's license issued by a state or outlying possession
  • ID card issued by a state or outlying possession
  • Native American tribal document
  • Canadian driver's license or ID card with a photograph (for Canadian aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer)
  • School ID card with a photograph
  • Voter's registration card
  • U.S. Military card or draft record
  • Military dependent's ID Card

List C (Documents that establish employment eligibility only)

  • Social Security account number card without employment restrictions
  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate with an official seal issued by a state or local government agency
  • Certification of Birth Abroad
  • US Citizen ID Card
  • Native American tribal document
  • Form I-94 authorizing employment with this employer (for aliens authorized to work only for a specific employer)

Return to top


  • Frequently asked questions about Work Study

Payroll Student Calendar

  • Information about timesheets, pay days, pay periods…
Copyright © 1995-2015 Belmont Abbey College